#53 Four Ways You're Hurting Your Income & Impact
Four Ways You're Hurting Your Income & Impact
A lot of time, we self-sabotage great opportunities when we’re not in a place of growth that we should be. So many of us tend to think about career growth only when we are in the middle of a job search. Positioning yourself for career success is about preparing for change and keeping your skills fresh. Even when you are happy about your current job, think about your career, how it’s serving you, and whether it’s getting you closer to the life you want to live. You should always be on a path where you want to grow and become better, not just in your job but also for yourself.
Join the conversation with your host, Alicia Perkins, as she shares four behaviors that kill your credibility at work. When you become the person you need to become and realize the impact you make, opportunities will flow, and money will just be a by-product.
Key Highlights From The Episode;
[00:00] Introduction to the show
[00:41] Four behaviours that are killing your credibility at work
[02:46] No being able to handle the difficult conversation
[16:35] Not wanting to self-promoting yourself
[25:43] Always complaining and not expressing your concern
[34:03] No being able to set boundaries at work
[37:14] A quick recap
[44:51] Don’t get too comfortable; position yourself for success
- You can only go as far as you grow.
- How you treat others is a good reflection of how you treat yourself.
- We tend to hear what we already feel and think about ourselves.
- Being strategic in how you talk about yourself is not bragging about yourself. It’s positioning yourself for better opportunities and better pay.
- When you complain, you focus on the problem; when you express your concern, you focus on the solution.
- Sometimes a complaint is a sign it’s time to go, don’t ignore the complaints you have; do something about them.
- Don’t get caught up on having boundaries that you forget who it’s for.
- Putting boundaries in place only protects those things that are important to you, but it is up to you to know what is important to you right now.
- It’s not about who has the most; it’s about who knows what they have and who has positioned themselves for success.
Thank you for listening!
Send your career & professional development questions to: [email protected].
Sign up to get free actionable career tips delivered to your inbox weekly: https://www.iamaliciaperkins.com/email
The Income & Impact Navigator is a powerful tool to document your successes, highlight your strengths, and demonstrate the value you bring to your current and future employers to make sure your income matches your impact. Grab yours here.
Work With Me: Apply Here
Connect with me
YouTube: Subscribe Here